//Trail Status mouse over Java // Had a thought...

Author Topic: Had a thought...  (Read 1768 times)

Dave Tozer

• Should be riding....
  • HMBA/IMBA member and I have the socks to prove it!
    • View Profile
    • Image Gallery
Had a thought...
« on: April 01, 2014, 08:18:15 AM »
Up in the banner at the top of the forum pages, why not make the trail status lights and associated trail names be links directly to the trail condition page for each trail? 

Likewise on the main page of the site, do the same with the trail status lights on the right side?

And maybe have the links direct people to the latest post for each trail conditions thread?

I think anything we can do to get people looking at the details and discussions surrounding trail conditions, the better it is for everyone.

Just my two-cents.  :)

Doe

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
Re: Had a thought...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 09:14:54 AM »
Don't know how feasible it is but I think that is an excellent idea!

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 12:35:41 PM »
not feasible.  code is hosted offside and the interface does not allow for the trail names to be turned into links.  the guy who created this version of the code has slowly over time been working on a new version and has thought about having the names linked, but it is not yet implemented in that version, either.

this is why I am building out the Trail Guide section of the website.  It is a lot of work, which is why it is coming along slowly.

Fett

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 01:43:50 PM »
Thanks for all that you are doing, Nate.
Need a home mortgage?  Let me help.   Click here for more info: www.ruoff.com/jefffetterer

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links