//Trail Status mouse over Java // Anyone hitting the Betterride clinics in Brown County this year?

Author Topic: Anyone hitting the Betterride clinics in Brown County this year?  (Read 2486 times)

Zinjanthropus

• View Profile
I've decided to attend the May session and need to secure some accommodations as I don't care to drive down and back each day from Indy. Not knowing this far out what the weather will be like, I'm hesitant to commit to regular camping. I'm a wuss like that I guess. :)

There are still rustic cabins available, so if anyone is looking to split the cost of a couple of nights, let me know.

Thanks,

~Yet another Dave

MikeVK

• View Profile
Re: Anyone hitting the Betterride clinics in Brown County this year?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 08:39:52 AM »
I did a BetterRide Clinic a couple years ago and loved it.  You will definitely have a blast and learn a lot!

Zinjanthropus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 09:22:56 AM »
Thanks, that's what I'm aiming for overall. Not being a cyclist for years means I'm playing some catch-up in the skills department. I'm hoping I'm not doing everything wrong currently, but I'm sure they'll tell me where I'm failing.

I'm excited and grateful they're offering a 2nd clinic. I do wish my friends were more interested in the investment but they have other obligations and priorities that I don't have.

Raleighguy29

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 12:06:01 PM »
If I had the money I'd sen my son to that for his birthday gift. He could definetly benefit from it. As I'm sure I could as well😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tubes we don't need no stinking tubes!!

MikeVK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 04:51:58 PM »
Anyone would benefit form good training, regardless of skill level.  That's why the pro's all have coaches.  It does become a question of time and money.  Especially, for those of us who are riding for fitness and recreation rather than racing.

I do think I have become a much safer rider (one of the nicest benefits) since attending the camp.  Prior to that, I was off balance a lot riding and any little root or mistake would cause a crash.  Now the first mistake, rock or root may take me off balance but I won't crash unless I make a second mistake while recovering.

vw4lif

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 12:02:50 PM »
Sounds like a great camp for sure.  I am thinking about attending the September session.  Just hoping it won't be too hot to camp.

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 01:17:21 PM »
IMO, it doesn't get too hot to camp in Indiana.

In Texas, it gets too hot to camp.   ;)

mrmcclung

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 07:08:48 AM »
I would love to attend the camp, but it would have to be later in the year. I crash too much, I need to fix that.

Paul Gilson

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 09:54:58 AM »
I did the camp last year in Louisville because I still felt like a newb on the trail.  I learned a ton and no doubt became a better rider. I highly recommend the camp.

tjuillerat

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 11:02:21 AM »
Anyone would benefit form good training, regardless of skill level.  That's why the pro's all have coaches.  It does become a question of time and money.  Especially, for those of us who are riding for fitness and recreation rather than racing.

I do think I have become a much safer rider (one of the nicest benefits) since attending the camp.  Prior to that, I was off balance a lot riding and any little root or mistake would cause a crash.  Now the first mistake, rock or root may take me off balance but I won't crash unless I make a second mistake while recovering.

Just wanted to mention that Sheltowee Fundamentals is now available for lessons/coaching as well. 

Cost is way less than the BetterRide clinic and the head coach is a local rider and IMBA-ICP certified.

Check it out at www.sheltoweefundamentals.com

Tell me and I forget; show me and I remember; involve me and I understand.
       - Anonymous

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links