//Trail Status mouse over Java // New Enduro Series

Author Topic: New Enduro Series  (Read 2705 times)

pantingdeeradventures

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
New Enduro Series
« on: March 05, 2014, 05:58:25 PM »
Hi everyone!

Panting Deer Adventures is a new adventure sport promotion and tourism company in southern Indiana.  Our first offering is a three race mountain bike enduro series happening this summer and fall.  If you are unfamiliar with enduro racing, it is essentially a series of scored, gravity assisted dashes connected by unscored transfer stages.  It is probably the most popular style of MTB racing in Europe right now, and is catching on like wild fire in the western U.S.  We are adding our own unique scoring format, borrowed from motorcycle enduro racing, that should make for exciting competition for everyone from elite XC and downhillers to Joe "No Spandex" hill pusher.

Visit www.pantingdeer.com for detail.  Our website is brand new and continually being improved upon and updated, so check back often.  If you have questions or suggestions, e-mail me at mike@pantingdeer.com .

Raleighguy29

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Re: New Enduro Series
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 06:44:35 PM »
That sounds like a lot of fun.  I've ridden the hell out of bcsp and a few rides at vbr. I think I will have to take part in this. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tubes we don't need no stinking tubes!!

Dan71

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 08:30:05 PM »
Sign me up, sounds fun

Chris98

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 06:43:11 AM »
Hi everyone!

Panting Deer Adventures is a new adventure sport promotion and tourism company in southern Indiana.  Our first offering is a three race mountain bike enduro series happening this summer and fall.  If you are unfamiliar with enduro racing, it is essentially a series of scored, gravity assisted dashes connected by unscored transfer stages.  It is probably the most popular style of MTB racing in Europe right now, and is catching on like wild fire in the western U.S.  We are adding our own unique scoring format, borrowed from motorcycle enduro racing, that should make for exciting competition for everyone from elite XC and downhillers to Joe "No Spandex" hill pusher.

Visit www.pantingdeer.com for detail.  Our website is brand new and continually being improved upon and updated, so check back often.  If you have questions or suggestions, e-mail me at mike@pantingdeer.com .

I am definitely interested as well - sounds fun! Do you know what trails you plan to use at BCSP?

Unfit Nitwit

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 11:18:54 AM »
It mentions in the "Need To Know" section that the course is not published before the race start, and that they will wait until the last moment to mark the trail.

pantingdeeradventures

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 03:13:25 PM »
You will ride almost every trail in the park that day.  Details will be kept under wraps until the start. 

We do strongly ask that anyone who wants to practice at the venue be extra courteous to other trail users.  Yield even if you have the right of way, say a kind word, slow down, look far down the trail, and be extra alert around blind corners.  There have been incidents in previous years of riders being extra aggressive while training for other events.  We want to represent the mountain bike community in a most positive way. 

One unusual tactic we will employ on race day is the use of temporary "rolling closures" as our wave of riders pass through a trail section.  This presents a logistical challenge for us, but is worth the effort because we agree with the park service that we want to keep the trail open to all users as much as possible.   

Another unusual twist is that you don't pick your race category, it picks you.  Your category (gold, silver, bronze) is determined by your finishing position, and there are prizes for each category.  See the website under "Need to Know: Scoring" for details.

Thanks for your interest.  This should be a lot of fun!

Mike

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links