//Trail Status mouse over Java // MTBProject Trails widget

Author Topic: MTBProject Trails widget  (Read 1992 times)

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
MTBProject Trails widget
« on: June 18, 2013, 12:33:01 AM »
So as I get our trails built out on the MTBProject site, it makes sense to avoid re-doing my work and simply using those listings for the HMBA site, also.  Fortunately, there's a widget available in two flavors so that dynamic maps of the trails with pictures and descriptions can be placed on this site.

I'd like to help implement this if possible.  Some examples can be found on their page for the widgets:

http://www.mtbproject.com/widget

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Re: MTBProject Trails widget
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 01:02:07 PM »

I wanted to post an example map, but the forum does not support the necessary HTML code.  The HMBA site would need an actual web page for each listing we wanted to post.

SNMBA

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
    • Southern Nevada Mountain Bike Association
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 02:12:34 PM »
Nate- SMF (the forum software) can be configured to allow groups of people to be allowed to post javascript into the forum. You wouldn't want to enable this for everybody. I have some good examples of the widget in action that I can post, they did a really good job with the mtbproject website.

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 04:47:09 PM »
The widget is in use on the main website in the Trail Guide.  There's not much benefit to posting it in here, also.  With the website redesign, we want people to access most information there.  The place for the forums will especially be oriented towards trail conditions information and local intel that may not be included on the Trail Guide listing.

Current forum organization is somewhat clumsy already and I've been coming up with ideas to streamline it.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links