//Trail Status mouse over Java // New Rider Information

Author Topic: New Rider Information  (Read 2666 times)

KKeg14

New Rider Information
« on: June 11, 2012, 10:17:28 PM »
I'm planning to head up and ride Franke Park sometime soon. Wondering if anyone can give me some information about the trail, and/or riding tips? Is it an easy ride, loop, out and back?

Also, it is a little bit of a drive for me to go up there, so to make it worth it I am planning to ride some other trails in the area too. Anyone have suggestions?? .. all I know of are the trails in Rangeline and New Castle; would like to try some new trails if possible.

Fett

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Re: New Rider Information
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 09:16:03 AM »
Most defintely try out the Winona Lake Trails by Warsaw as it is a nice trail and a little closer to Ft Wayne than Rangeline or Westwood. I do not know Franke Park well enough to give advice, but have had a fun time the few times that I have ridden there.
Need a home mortgage?  Let me help.   Click here for more info: www.ruoff.com/jefffetterer

john7722

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 10:17:36 AM »
Franke park is a great ride but very difficult to navigate, many spur trails . I spoke with the trail builders & they are working to close off the spur trails and make it easier to follow the real trail. best to find a local to show you around Franke Park or you may leave there frustrated and not wanting to go back. It is a great trail if you know your way around it.

Bentson

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 01:41:25 PM »
I rode at Franke Park every week last summer when I still lived up near Fort Wayne, and it is quite a bit easier to follow the "correct" trail than it used to be...they have improved the signage quite a bit.  The trail is a 3.5 mile easy loop, with intermediate and advanced sections that you can add on to your ride for a total of about 6.5 miles or so.  There is one advanced section that has some difficulty to it, the rest will keep you on your toes but is passable.  From Franke Park it is about 40 miles west to get to Winona Lake, which is a great place to ride.  My understanding is there is also a single track trail at Morsches Park in Columbia City (about half way between Fort Wayne and Winona Lake).  I've never ridden there, so I wouldn't know anything about its condition this summer.

4mula1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 02:29:35 PM »
Morsche's Park in Columbia City is in great shape right now.  There is also a new section off the northern tip that is pretty exciting.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links