//Trail Status mouse over Java // Take the DINO survey!

Author Topic: Take the DINO survey!  (Read 4111 times)

holzhaus

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • http://www.DINOseries.com
Take the DINO survey!
« on: October 08, 2013, 07:29:37 PM »
http://www.des07.com/subscribe/survey?f=3590

Your input is valuable as we strive to meet your needs and wants. Please take a few minutes to complete our survey, whether or not you race.

Dave Tozer

• Should be riding....
  • HMBA/IMBA member and I have the socks to prove it!
    • View Profile
    • Image Gallery
Re: Take the DINO survey!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 08:31:16 AM »
Done.  :)

Thanks for a great season this year! Looking forward to next year!

Dave G.

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • HMBA Southwestway Park Trail Rep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 08:40:24 AM »
Done.
David Gardner
Husband, Granddad, Mountain biker
Southwestway Trail Bum

Fett

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 09:24:30 AM »
Done
Need a home mortgage?  Let me help.   Click here for more info: www.ruoff.com/jefffetterer

dprimm

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 02:58:29 PM »
done

holzhaus

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 05:56:38 PM »
A summary of the survey's results can be found here http://www.dinoseries.com/storage/misc/MTBsurveysummary2013.pdf

Kswiss

• Kyle Schwab
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 06:48:47 PM »
Southwestway on the least desired?  I'd imagine all the new trails would make that more desirable.

holzhaus

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 06:52:23 PM »
They are ranked in order of number of times chosen, most to least. 6% of people said SWWY was least desirable. (compared to TRTP 15%, Franke Park 14%, etc)

Dave Tozer

• Should be riding....
  • HMBA/IMBA member and I have the socks to prove it!
    • View Profile
    • Image Gallery
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 07:47:35 PM »
Fascinating survey summary and comments!

Re: Town Run. I am THE biggest Town Run "Homer" but I can't say that I like racing there a whole lot. If you don't nail the hole-shot and get into the woods first it's almost over before it starts. Super fun, flowy, fast trail but on race day it's more of a frantic, frenzied experience. Zero hills to sort people out by climbing ability. So tight for so long that you start thinking about dangerous passing strategies. People not terribly familiar with the trail are often waaaay out out of control.

That being said, I think Town Run being the spring tune up race without series points implications is perfect. Not a huge deal if the spring weather kills it, which can happen fairly often. I have heard some people say that Town Run got bumped down to a non points event by the addition of SWW park. As great as the 2012 and 2103 SWW races went, I'd say I'm completely OK with that.   8)

tmac

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 07:47:51 AM »
For me my favorite venues have a bit of technical and/or some significant downhill sections. That's just where I have the most fun  ;D .

VBR is an interesting write in. I can envision a pretty cool race loop that would be very unique to the race series. Probably some pretty significant logistic issues there though.

wabasso

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 11:01:21 AM »

A few years ago either DRT /or Planet Adventure hosted a time-trial format race, which was perfect for TR. 

I also have very much enjoyed the night races. The backwards night one was probably my favorite race ever.    ;D

Fett

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 11:37:35 AM »
For me my favorite venues have a bit of technical and/or some significant downhill sections. That's just where I have the most fun  ;D .

VBR is an interesting write in. I can envision a pretty cool race loop that would be very unique to the race series. Probably some pretty significant logistic issues there though.
There have been DINO races there in the past and it would be a nice venue.  I think there were some issues in the past. It may be time to revisit that.  The toughest start of any race I have done.  Straight up the opening hill. Puts the body anaerobic right off the bat.
Also, I did not write it in, but I used to love the Linton Conservation Club course.  It is where I started racing in the old LOCO series.
Need a home mortgage?  Let me help.   Click here for more info: www.ruoff.com/jefffetterer

MikeHufhand

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 08:26:57 AM »
Yes to an Indiana endurance race. 100 mile/100k options please.  No multiple laps if possible.

Otter

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 08:58:55 AM »
Yes to an Indiana endurance race. 100 mile/100k options please.  No multiple laps if possible.

+1 to what Huff said!!! 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 11:20:01 AM by Otter »

dprimm

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 11:10:55 AM »
another +1 here

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links