//Trail Status mouse over Java // 2013 BCB - Thanks !!!

Author Topic: 2013 BCB - Thanks !!!  (Read 3153 times)

Shark

• Should be riding....
  • I was already riding.....
    • View Profile
2013 BCB - Thanks !!!
« on: September 30, 2013, 11:20:28 AM »
Same as every year, thanks to all that was involved with the Breakdown! Sub9, HMBA, all the volunteers, LBS's that set up shop to fix bikes along the way, great food & snacks.

Despite the rain, we had an enjoyable 77 miles yesterday.

Everyone seemed to have a great time that was willing to put up with the mud :) hey, it was fun, can't deny that!!

Thanks everyone!
Fat is where it's at!......Tires that is.
Moved to Idaho....:) Now I actually *mountain* bike.

Kirk Wheeler

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
  • Homebrewing is Forever
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 BCB - Thanks !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 01:15:16 PM »
The Crooked Creek SAG is a ton of work but is is worth it when you see the riders roll in and are excited about eating burgers and brauts on a wet day in the woods. So much fun! Thank you everyone for a fun time.  8)
HMBA Grill/Brewmaster General
I may be slow but I get there!

Butts

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 02:55:07 PM »
Thank you to everyone! It was a great, wet time.

I wanted to especially thank the guy next to me (maybe you Kirk?) that needed help with extra food. That was an amazing steak and some wonderful salmon.

I almost didn't brave the rain, but ended up riding my first ride of the year, my first ride on a single speed, and have a great ride up to hesitation point.

Another great event and I can't wait for next year!

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 03:40:31 PM »
It was a great time.  I scrapped my 50mi goal for the day.  Maybe if I had started at 7:30am with the early group, I'd have gone for it.  But as it was, I didn't hit the trail til 9am.  Rode with a small group on and off up to HP, and then went out and hit Limekiln.  Saw some guys who had already been out to the cabin.  At that point, a warm shower was sounding mighty fine, so I took the roads back. 

Thanks to all the organizers and volunteers who made it happen, to all the sponsors for their help, all the companies who came out to the demo on Saturday, all the mechanics who were there for support, and everyone who supplied beer and food.  It was a great time.

I definitely have some gear ideas for next year's event.  Primarily, a canopy for improved shelter from the sun/rain.  Also a bigger table.  And portable stands for the hammocks.  I am really not a ground sleeper.

rpmarheine

• View Profile
    • Marheine Photography
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 03:46:59 PM »
Agreed! Thanks to all involved in making this years event happen.  The crowd for Friday and Saturday was amazing. To bad the rain drove many off Sunday. It was quite a fun ride despite the rain.
Marheine Photography Checkout some of my galleries. 
Would anyone like some pictures of yourself and friends riding? I would like to practice shooting some mountain biking action to add to my portfolio.

mastertim

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 03:51:10 PM »
I've been going since 2007 (missed last year), and this was the worst one so far.

I still had a good time.  The trails in BCSP held up really well, my bike held up okay, and I didn't have any major injuries.  Success.

Big appreciation for the water set up at Hidden Cabin so I could wash off the important parts of my bike and relube.  I'm sure something would have broke otherwise. 

Thanks also to the Hesitation Point Bike and Backcountry crew for fixing my brakes on the way back as well.  Getting down to the parking lot could have been bad.

gmcttr

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 08:03:47 PM »
... And portable stands for the hammocks.  I am really not a ground sleeper.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27777

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51787

Thanks.  I have bruises from when, at some point in the middle of the night, my inflatable pad lost air and sent me onto the closed cell pad underneath.

Paul Gilson

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 08:44:55 PM »
We had an amazing weekend, and I can't imagine the Breakdown without all the volunteers.  For me the highlights include the time spent talking with the volunteers at the cabin (we spent 2 hours there sheltering from the rain) and the Crooked Creek sag.  Great people, great food, great time.  Thanks!!!

Indiana Dave

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 10:49:20 PM »
Had a fun wet muddy time also! Hopefully I can get some more miles in next year. Rode up to Hesitation Point, and took the scenic route back to the start/finish and ended up around 25 miles. We had 6 solid hours of muddy riding. BBQ was excellent after a long cold wet day.
Thanks to everyone for making it happen.
One suggestion though. You should've used quart mason jars. I can't fit much beer in this thing. LOL
David
"The bike rescuer"
Friends don't let Friends ride Walmart bikes.

tjuillerat

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 11:01:41 AM »

One suggestion though. You should've used quart mason jars. I can't fit much beer in this thing. LOL

Yeah - the 12 oz jars were a little smaller than what I was expecting... and of course the lids I ordered with them two months ago FINALLY showed up on my doorstep... YESTERDAY!  At least you know you can poor a full beer into the jars (personally tested), so it just means you have to fill more often.  ;-)
Tell me and I forget; show me and I remember; involve me and I understand.
       - Anonymous

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links