//Trail Status mouse over Java // Night Riding Hours end at 11:00PM

Author Topic: Night Riding Hours end at 11:00PM  (Read 4831 times)

Shark

• Should be riding....
  • I was already riding.....
    • View Profile
Re: Night Riding Hours end at 11:00PM
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 08:47:29 PM »
Everyone knows the proper way to wash a bike is taking it apart piece by piece and scrubbing in the kitchen sink......sheesh! :)
Fat is where it's at!......Tires that is.
Moved to Idaho....:) Now I actually *mountain* bike.

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2013, 09:42:59 PM »
Any chance of getting a dedicated bike wash station at some point kinda like at Tsali?

gt ss

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 10:05:42 PM »
I know what our society needs is more signs but as people get bolder and more self entitled things like taking your bike into the shower will happen.

Since only a small percentage (and rising I hope) of mountain bikers read this forum would it be beneficial at all to place a sign on the shower house doors? Probably wouldn't need it on the women's side ::)

matthill5ten

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2013, 10:56:39 PM »
i only shower with my bike at home its more romantic that way

quadracer12

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2013, 11:07:22 PM »
Any chance of getting a dedicated bike wash station at some point kinda like at Tsali?

I think this gives off the wrong impression. When I saw it at Tsali i text a photo to a friend and said they must not care if you ride when its wet here. But it was nice having a clean bike to take home.

Shark

• Should be riding....
  • I was already riding.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2013, 11:58:35 PM »

I think this gives off the wrong impression. When I saw it at Tsali i text a photo to a friend and said they must not care if you ride when its wet here. But it was nice having a clean bike to take home.

I think it gives the wrong impression as well. Everyone will think it's A-OK to go mudding it up at the park.

The only place I've seen a bike wash station was at a Hampton Inn in Durango CO. I can see that would be a good thing, because most bikers like to bring in their fancy expensive rigs for the evening (I know I do!) so at least when we drag them into our rooms they are clean. Heck they even had a basket of towels to dry them with....was quite nice :)
Fat is where it's at!......Tires that is.
Moved to Idaho....:) Now I actually *mountain* bike.

Allen Edwards

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2013, 12:15:04 AM »
Until this thread started, I had no idea that riding after 11pm or before 7am was prohibited.  I've seen all the signs in the campgrounds alerting that quiet hours are from 11pm to 7am but there's nothing to indicate that the trails are off limits to bikes or hikers or runners between those hours.

That said, if park staff told me I couldn't be on the trails, I wouldn't argue.  I wouldn't get on the trails.

gt ss

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2013, 07:50:01 PM »
Until this thread started, I had no idea that riding after 11pm or before 7am was prohibited.  I've seen all the signs in the campgrounds alerting that quiet hours are from 11pm to 7am but there's nothing to indicate that the trails are off limits to bikes or hikers or runners between those hours.

That said, if park staff told me I couldn't be on the trails, I wouldn't argue.  I wouldn't get on the trails.

I agree with you, I've never seen that rule either. I'm typically asleep during those hours anyway :)

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links