//Trail Status mouse over Java // Is Limekiln really a "beginner" trail?

Author Topic: Is Limekiln really a "beginner" trail?  (Read 5183 times)

Shark

• Should be riding....
  • I was already riding.....
    • View Profile
Re: Is Limekiln really a "beginner" trail?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 09:53:14 PM »
Totally agree, it might not be tech or have crazy exposure like walnut and schooner, but for pure fast fun, that trail is hard to beat.
Nice that there are very limited blind corners so plenty of spots to safely haul....well...you know ;)
Fat is where it's at!......Tires that is.
Moved to Idaho....:) Now I actually *mountain* bike.

Indiana Dave

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 06:26:04 PM »
Disclaimer alert!!!
This is a beginner trail. There are many families camping out who venture onto this trail. Many on department store bikes and without helmets. With this in mind, have fun, but keep a finger over the brake lever. you never know what you might encounter over the next rise, or around the next bend.
My kids also have ridden this trail countless time, and enjoy it. 
David
"The bike rescuer"
Friends don't let Friends ride Walmart bikes.

getsometrail

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 06:33:28 PM »
Disclaimer alert!!!
This is a beginner trail. There are many families camping out who venture onto this trail. Many on department store bikes and without helmets. With this in mind, have fun, but keep a finger over the brake lever. you never know what you might encounter over the next rise, or around the next bend.
My kids also have ridden this trail countless time, and enjoy it. 
+ 1  This is the only place I have encountered an unfriendly trail user @ BCSP.  He was wanting to shred the trail but on a beautiful Saturday afternoon you better be prepared for slower traffic, and not be a penis about it.

Roads...?  Where we're going we don't need roads!  Travis Eacret 2008 Giant Trance X2.

Webby

• IMBA & HMBA member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 06:49:49 PM »
This Is A Good Point Dave. I Tell All My Friends When I'm Describing
Limekiln To Be On The Watch For FAMILY members From The Camp Grounds
That Have Probably Never Ridden A Trail Before In Their Life. From Babes To Grandparents.
I've Witnessed Them All.

(Please Excuse The CAPS on Each Word. I'm Using My Phone To Post This And For Some Reason,It Thinks It Needs To Use Cap On Every Word)   >:(
Happy Happy Happy ------- Trails that is !!!

Indiana Dave

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 09:32:18 PM »
You also gotta watch for logs reaching out and grabbing your front wheel... One got me last ride. LOL
David
"The bike rescuer"
Friends don't let Friends ride Walmart bikes.

too_many_cats

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2013, 06:03:37 PM »
Limekiln may be my favorite trail at BCSP. I wonder every time I ride it whether it's really a beginner trail but trust the smarter folks than me who say it is. I send families down it all the time, though I let them know that it's a fast trail and they should be careful to slow down if they feel like they're going too fast (esp. on the sweet rollers / berms at the beginning of the trail from the Hoosier's Nest - my favorite part!).

I always remind myself that an experienced mtbr got paralyzed on Limekiln a few years ago. Not sure what happened, but it makes a little more cautious than I'd otherwise be with my speed and the jumps I do off the berms.

I have a roadie friend who's finally worked up the courage to try mountain biking. Limekiln will be his introduction to the sport because it's such a perfect trail.

Limekiln is a killer trail. I have more fun on it than on any trail except the first section of GV (heading counterclockwise). Anyone who's skipping it because it's marked beginner should give it a go!

I'm up for some trail work to clean up the spots that hold water near the Hoosier's Nest, too. I deberm when I'm out there but I guess we need to cut some new drains...?

Raleighguy29

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 04:15:12 PM »
I agree with all you guys on this. This trail is a blast no matter what your skill level is. Although I bit it hard going over te log pile after Hoosiers nest on my way to the camp store Sunday. Attempted to bunny hop over it and landed it all wrong and ended up in a tree on the left of it. Nothing hurt but my pride. But it's a blast!!!
Tubes we don't need no stinking tubes!!

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links