//Trail Status mouse over Java // NEW Signage *Looks Great*

Author Topic: NEW Signage *Looks Great*  (Read 1829 times)

Webby

• IMBA & HMBA member
    • View Profile
NEW Signage *Looks Great*
« on: August 07, 2013, 04:09:49 PM »
Got a chance to ride Monday.  Noticed the new signs. Should help clear up some issues for newbies as far as Trail Etiquette and also Trail SAFETY.
Also tried out the MAPRIKA app on my phone,, sent a TEST email to myself showing my location,,   Right on the mark as I was sitting where Ayes meets HP.   LOVE IT !!!  Should be a blessing in an emergency type situation. 

Thanks for the new signs, trail marker #'s and the Maprika App..  Along with all the HARD work that you all (( You know who you are ))  put in to the trail system here at BCSP  :D

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:25:55 PM by Webby »
Happy Happy Happy ------- Trails that is !!!

Dave Tozer

• Should be riding....
  • HMBA/IMBA member and I have the socks to prove it!
    • View Profile
    • Image Gallery
Re: NEW Signage *Looks Great*
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 04:39:07 PM »
Very well done!

I love the smell of Carsonite in the morning!

:D

Allen Edwards

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 09:00:44 PM »
I miss the maps that used to be at those intersections.  I know the trails well enough to not need them, but this summer I've been riding with some folks who are unfamiliar with the trail system and they've had trouble remembering my "turn left, turn right, go straight" instructions.

Webby

• IMBA & HMBA member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 09:30:56 PM »
I miss the maps that used to be at those intersections.  I know the trails well enough to not need them, but this summer I've been riding with some folks who are unfamiliar with the trail system and they've had trouble remembering my "turn left, turn right, go straight" instructions.
I just started riding last year. I don't recall seeing any signs with maps at intersections.  I did see them @ Versailles State Park on the bike trails there. And I did like those the first few times I rode there. Very helpful indeed.  But,,  likewise, I don't need a map anymore @ BCSP either.  :)  My guess would be that they got vandalized at some point before I started riding.   :-\
Happy Happy Happy ------- Trails that is !!!

Shark

• Should be riding....
  • I was already riding.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 10:05:58 PM »
I agree, would be nice to have maps at intersections with a "You are here"....

I've run into SO many people that can't read a map, and they've been out there way longer than planned.
Fat is where it's at!......Tires that is.
Moved to Idaho....:) Now I actually *mountain* bike.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links