//Trail Status mouse over Java // Multiple Photo embed testing

Author Topic: Multiple Photo embed testing  (Read 2178 times)

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Multiple Photo embed testing
« on: January 30, 2014, 07:28:30 PM »

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Photo embed testing
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 07:32:38 PM »
Ok, so backstory on this test.  I've been wanting to figure out why our forum software errors out when you try to embed more than one picture in a post.  Dug around online, tried some things on our end, but got nowhere.  I contacted our hosting provider about the problem to see if there were any settings they'd be willing to change for us.  Apparently, some hosting providers refuse to make the requisite changes to allow this functionality.  Ours appears to be one of the better ones, as they made some changes without any further questions, and it now works.

So, using whichever photo hosting provider you like, you can now actually use the BBCode embed procedure (there is a small camera icon in the post composition toolbar that allows for image embedding if you have a URL to the .jpg or .png or whatever), or you can copy the embed code from your image hosting service and use that.  The forums allow some limited HTML code, but I haven't tested it to see exactly how much it allows.

jasonhilt

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • Brakes!!! We don't need no stinkin' brakes!!!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Videos
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 10:29:31 PM »
Interesting as I have never had a problem posting more than one picture.  I only use photobucket so not sure about other sites.
Shin guards! We don't need no stinkin' shin guards!
DOH!

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 11:23:52 PM »
It was always a problem with Flickr.  From my reading, it appeared to be related to the number of times you called for something via http:// in each post (not just embeds, but links).  The Flickr BBCode has four separate calls PER image.  There are three hyperlinks plus the URL for the image in each bit of code Flickr provided. 

This was apparently related to a setting on a security app that many hosts run on their servers.  So if your chosen service did things a different way, I can see how you would not have experienced the same trouble I did.

Dave Tozer

• Should be riding....
  • HMBA/IMBA member and I have the socks to prove it!
    • View Profile
    • Image Gallery
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 08:23:33 AM »

Test of image straight from iPhone through Tapatalk. 😀

Dave Tozer

• Should be riding....
  • HMBA/IMBA member and I have the socks to prove it!
    • View Profile
    • Image Gallery
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 08:29:00 AM »
Hmmmm...  looks like Tapatalk puts their brand on images coming through their corral.  ::)

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links