//Trail Status mouse over Java // MTBProject

Author Topic: MTBProject  (Read 5420 times)

Shark

• Should be riding....
  • I was already riding.....
    • View Profile
Re: MTBProject
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 10:36:59 AM »
This site is exactly what we need. There have been so many times while traveling, trying to find good local trails etc, it's always difficult.
Having all this info, with pics, gps, etc, is awesome!! Nice they have an app as well.
Fat is where it's at!......Tires that is.
Moved to Idaho....:) Now I actually *mountain* bike.

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 02:14:41 PM »
This site is exactly what we need. There have been so many times while traveling, trying to find good local trails etc, it's always difficult.
Having all this info, with pics, gps, etc, is awesome!! Nice they have an app as well.

While I'm doing this, I'm also working on something similar but different for internal HMBA use.  However, as the MTBProject site fills out, I think it'd be nice for our trail maps to reference to that site since it's a pretty all-inclusive trail guide folks can use when traveling, too.  And, there's a smartphone app for all of those guides for those so inclined to use that.  I do intend to make Garmin maps available for folks who prefer that format instead.

I've officially submitted trail listings for Brown County SP today.  If folks want to add more photos after they are approved, you can do so using the same process I'd have to use to "improve" the trail listing and have the site admins approve those changes. 

I will be moving on to other trails in the state.  Town Run will probably be the next one I do, since the data I have for it is further along than some others.

ssjeff

• Training wheels on
  • Legally Armed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 02:48:13 AM »
Somehow I missed this thread. I just registered. Great work Nate. looks like we are kind of neighbors too.
2013 Stumpjumper (TreeThumper)
1997 Cannondale Road bike.
2014 Surly Pugzly Spec Ops
2015 Santa Cruz 5010
2015 Giant Advnaced

mtbikernate

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 05:48:35 PM »
It's a pretty cool site.  One thing I think that will boost its usefulness is that they've already got smartphone apps available so folks can pull up a trail map that shows their location relative to the trails.

It should help travelers a good bit.

I really want to utilize the maps on the HMBA site, too.

Raleighguy29

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2013, 04:06:27 PM »
I've recently down loaded the mtb progect app. You have done a awesome job with this app. The pics and descriptions are great. Keep up the good work Nate
Tubes we don't need no stinking tubes!!

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links