//Trail Status mouse over Java // Thanks Brown County!

Author Topic: Thanks Brown County!  (Read 1148 times)

anemic

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Thanks Brown County!
« on: April 07, 2013, 02:53:45 PM »
We had the best spring break - great weather, clear skies, really fun camping, super fun trail riding and running. I love that place and we plan to come back down.

One "suggestion box" item for the trail planners and managers; we camped up at the Buffalo Ridge CG and Limekiln is a really fun trail out & back, however getting the family to other appropriate skill-level trails such as Green Valley, Aynes, etc requires quite a thrill ride on the park roads which I would rate high level intermediate due to the speeds in the 30s...followed by a huge climb back out. So if there was an Intermediate-level trail somehow to connect Limekiln to Green Valley and Aynes, that would greatly increase the usability of the trail network for newer MTBers. The kids did succeed on Hesitation Point (which was a fantastic family MTBing event!), but since I had a tough time riding Walnut clean, I didn't want them to try that yet, so we had a bit of an asphalt transit between the CG & Hesitation Point.

Those trails are so much fun! We loved the place. The trail running is also great. I used the non-bike trails for trail running. I was surprised to see trail runners on the bike trails, since the other trails are so much better for trail running. See you next time.

jasonhilt

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • Brakes!!! We don't need no stinkin' brakes!!!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Videos
Re: Thanks Brown County!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 02:59:40 PM »
So if there was an Intermediate-level trail somehow to connect Limekiln to Green Valley and Aynes, that would greatly increase the usability of the trail network for newer MTBers.

There is an easy trail planned that will run from the end of Limekiln to HP area, bypassing Walnut.  It's not yet started so don't expect it anytime soon.
Shin guards! We don't need no stinkin' shin guards!
DOH!

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links