//Trail Status mouse over Java // First ride at French lick

Author Topic: First ride at French lick  (Read 2011 times)

Raleighguy29

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
First ride at French lick
« on: March 18, 2013, 06:39:20 PM »
Do any of you regulars think the trail will be rideable either Thursday or Friday morning.  It would be me and my sons first time there. Also any hints on best direction to ride the trail in for the best ride possible. Thanks
Tubes we don't need no stinking tubes!!

Syt

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Re: First ride at French lick
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 08:59:52 PM »
 It's fairly short so you can probably get in both directions ( I prefer the old loop cw and the newer loop ccw) however the temperature  cycle  isn't looking good. If the forecast holds, Saturday  afternoon should be solid.

N9TKF

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Re: First ride at French lick
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 07:12:02 AM »
We received about 1.75 inches of rain over the weekend into Monday. It will take a good 2-3 day to dry out, however the freeze thaw cycle may be in effect Wednesday Night into the weekend. The ground temperatures right now are in the middle 30's.

Both directions are good and offer something different. The Green trail is a  ~4.5 mile loop and is good in either direction. The Blue trail is ~5.5 mile loop off of the Green trail and takes you by the waterfall with several creek crossings. I prefer the Blue in the CCW direction but either way is OK. There is a shortcut on the Green trail that can add a figure 8 if desired. Everything is well marked.

There is a tree down around the 5 trail marker, not sure if that has been cleared yet.

Check the trail condition forum for updates.

Also be sure to sign in/out at the Golf Pro Shop and sign the liability waiver.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 07:14:13 AM by N9TKF »
Metrology has nothing to do with  weather.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links