//Trail Status mouse over Java // phoenix

Author Topic: phoenix  (Read 1946 times)

chuckdlou

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
phoenix
« on: January 04, 2013, 10:34:39 AM »
wanting to see some cactus league baseball this march and take a bike...any tips for phoenix area riding, will have time for 2 half day rides, and one "most" day...should i take mountain or road bike?...are there any urban parks or would i have to drive for trail?...that sorta thing...thanks...

gnawbonelefty

Re: phoenix
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 11:47:56 AM »
Talk to Stewie,  He raves about south mountain.  Also Ken Simonelic is a transplanted hoosier mt biker down there,  I can get you his contact info,  he's show you all the good stuff.

chuckdlou

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 01:13:06 PM »
sweet, thanks!...the interwebs search lead me to south mountain pretty quickly...i'll ask harold too...

Doe

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »
Are you there for a specific team?  Will you be mostly in the East Valley (e.g. Scottsdale)?  The only trail riding I've done was at McDowell Mtn Park and Tonto National Forest (both north Scottsdale).  Papago Park I believe has trails and is fairly close to lots of the baseball parks.  Usery Park is in Mesa and has some good dirt.  I hiked the trail around the mountain (7 or 8 miles)...parts of it would be a bit scary to me on a bike, plus it's pretty popular so you'd have to yield to hikers quite often.  If you take a road bike, riding out to Saguaro Lake is a nice trip.  It's a great time of year to be there...enjoy!

gnawbonelefty

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 12:46:08 PM »
I'm guessing goodyear, az.

chuckdlou

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 12:54:14 PM »
that's it rob...reds in goodyear, but the cubs are just over in mesa so i may go to a couple different games, try to stay somewhere in between...

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links