//Trail Status mouse over Java // Interest in MTB divisions at Cross Races??

Author Topic: Interest in MTB divisions at Cross Races??  (Read 8501 times)

Loretta

• Lug of The Irish
  • Should be riding....
  • Tim O'Donnell
    • View Profile
    • Shamrock Cycles
Re: Interest in MTB divisions at Cross Races??
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2012, 11:20:55 AM »
Fett is a little too modest to elaborate on his comment, "I had a good race".  He took 3rd overall and won the 40+ Masters division.

Pretty good race indeed.
Shamrock Cycles- Hand built frames from the mountains of Indiana

www.lugoftheirish.com

gnawbonelefty

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2012, 11:55:38 AM »
Ok. I had a blast.  I love to compete and it gave me that fix.  It is much more spectator friendly than a mountain bike race. I do like it better than a road race. More of a beer swilling mountain bike crowd than the road crowd.  Of course, that could be because I hung out at the Shamrock Cycles tent, which is full of beer swilling mountain bikers (my kind of people).
I had a good race and did not break any equipment, which was another big plus. It was painful as my heart rate went straight to zone 5 and stayed there for 40 minutes.  I will probably do more.

it's like a damn disease

LEE3

• Do It!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2012, 09:55:00 AM »
Very interested in an MTB division at a cross race.  No money to invest in a cross bike at this time but really like the short track racing idea. 

I watched the BloomingCross (sp) event over the weekend and became and addict just by watching.  I only made it for the Elite race so I didn't get to see what the beginners looked like....wish I could have.

edf

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2012, 12:10:21 PM »
I did my first cross race at the Backyard Cross on Saturday in Bargersville. I used my 29er with some 700x35s and it worked just fine. However the mud was rough. The rain from Friday night made the course quite muddy (think thick, chunky peanut butter type) in spots which really drained me.

I had fun and will do more, although hopefully with less mud. I would also probably do an mtb divsion if they had those at the CX races.

gt ss

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2012, 06:57:49 PM »
I did my first cross race at the Backyard Cross on Saturday in Bargersville. I used my 29er with some 700x35s and it worked just fine. However the mud was rough. The rain from Friday night made the course quite muddy (think thick, chunky peanut butter type) in spots which really drained me.

I had fun and will do more, although hopefully with less mud. I would also probably do an mtb divsion if they had those at the CX races.
Nice to see you there. Hope to see you again.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links