//Trail Status mouse over Java // Best place to rent a bicycle.

Author Topic: Best place to rent a bicycle.  (Read 1320 times)

Inept_MTBer

• View Profile
Best place to rent a bicycle.
« on: September 14, 2012, 05:08:55 PM »
Alright, dunno where else this would go but since this concerns a newbie...

Specifically new riders. After months of badgering certain members of my family they will be taking their first official mountain bike rides tomorrow. While this is a plus the problem is that I'm the only one with a mountain bike. As you might imagine this is a problem, so obviously we'll need to rent.

The trouble is I know not where to rent in the Indianapolis area, hence why I ask you, the gremlins of the HMBA forums.

So here's the lowdown; the venue will most likely be Town Run Trail park, not overly difficult but definetly singletrack. We're thinking about starting around 10-11 AMish depending on lolygaggers, and it might take awhile so no hour our two hour rentals.

Now for the rider specifics. There will be a 6'0 rider, a 5'4'' rider, and a 5'2'' rider. Two have plenty of experience on road bikes and one has very little riding experience at all but makes up for it with enthusiasm.

What we'll need is three bikes obviously, and a helmet if possible.

So, HMBA gremlins, what Indianapolis area shop should we look into?
Oh look, a dragonfl*CRUNCH!*

Ed Strobel

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Re: Best place to rent a bicycle.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 07:27:16 PM »
BGI on the north side rents bikes, at least they used to have rentals.

tony

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bgindy.com
Re: Best place to rent a bicycle.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 10:35:21 PM »
BGI does rent bikes, but most of them are at the DNR Outdoor Experience this week.  I'd give them a call in the morning to see what they have.  Or head over to Ft Ben and check out what is going on there.  The trails might be a bit better for someone that's never been off road.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links