//Trail Status mouse over Java // Sheltowee Trace

Author Topic: Sheltowee Trace  (Read 1904 times)

LedPeddal

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Sheltowee Trace
« on: August 09, 2012, 10:30:20 PM »
Has anyone been down to Ky lately to ride any of the Sheltowee trace trail near London/Corbin area (Cane creek/ Narrows)? just wondering about conditions

orestespd5

• Are you ready to ride the best? Ride RNP!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Sheltowee Trace
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 11:05:36 PM »
If you park at the trail head on 192 and ride to the damn there is some over grown stuff till you get to the 1st road cross and there is spots here and there till you get to the lake but the next 7 or 8 miles is great. But everything is passable. There was 2 trees down about .1/4 mile from the trail head. The other side of the road going to van hook falls is in pretty good shape.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 11:08:01 PM by orestespd5 »
2013 Giant Trance x29 (1)
(My other trail Rig) 2011 Jeep Jk, Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex system, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Nitto Tg 35x12.50/17, procomp 7069 17x9,4.56s, Ace bumper with stinger, Smittybilt 8000 lb winch, Ace sliders

LedPeddal

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 11:50:54 PM »
Thanks for the imput. We ride the van hooks falls side. Nice loop along Rock Castle River. Will post up a report if we stop there on our southern travels next week. One of my friends likes the camp host at Bee Rock? 

jim_michaux

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 06:03:52 PM »
i'll be down there on saturday morning, arriving to the parking area on 192 around 9-9:30.  i plan to ride both sides.  i'll be leaving from louisville by 7:00 latest, if anyone wants to meet up.  or, meet me at the trailhead.  subaru outback.  if you're down there, i'll be on the van hook/narrows side first, refueling at the car when done and then going on to the laurel side.  i'll be on the full squish (scalpel) for this one. 

LedPeddal

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 09:41:31 PM »
We didn't have time to squeeze in the  London trails this week on our run down to Tenn, Ga and NC. Glad to see Jim is headed there. If anyone can bring back a good trail report it is him. Hope the trails are good and you have a great ride Jim! 

jim_michaux

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 07:59:44 AM »
an overnight arrival of flu-like systems at the crash pad canceled the ky plans.  i went to bcsp to ride the schooner yo-yo instead.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links