//Trail Status mouse over Java // Prairie Creek Reservoir trails? Any info?

Author Topic: Prairie Creek Reservoir trails? Any info?  (Read 3281 times)

MuncieJess

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Prairie Creek Reservoir trails? Any info?
« on: August 21, 2012, 07:05:51 AM »
I live in Muncie Indiana and last year I read a story in the local paper that was talking about putting a mountain bike trail system at the Prairie Creek Reservoir.  I cannot find any recent information about the trail system being added so I didn't know if the idea got nixed or if it was still in the works.

Thanks

Bhikardas

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Re: Prairie Creek Reservoir trails? Any info?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 07:57:16 AM »
It's at the "environmental review" stage: plan as of right now--mark the trail route in October, with work (obviously) to follow. I'll ask the project coordinator to post updates here, as there will be plenty of opportunities to help build the trail when it reaches that stage.
-Jeff Brackett

Nhunt46051

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 01:15:25 PM »
That would be awesome!  With all the tri's held there, maybe we could get another Xterra Event!

MuncieJess

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 03:11:20 PM »
Thanks for the information and I will be glad to  put some trail work in.  It would be nice to only drive 10 minutes to a trail instead of 30 minutes.  I will check for updates!!

richmondrider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 07:27:19 AM »
Another option for us on the eastern side of the state is Hayes Arboreutm in Richmond.  They have about 2.5 miles of singletrack that is nice and broke in and just opened another 1.5 miles last week.  Last I heard there are plans to keep expanding the trails to 10 or more miles. Still 30 minutes or more from Munice but another place to ride.

MuncieJess

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 08:06:14 AM »
What is the difficulty of the trail?  My 11 year old nephew is now riding with me and he has only been on range line novice trail 3 times.  Thanks and any info would be great.

edf

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 08:47:31 AM »
Another option for us on the eastern side of the state is Hayes Arboreutm in Richmond.  They have about 2.5 miles of singletrack that is nice and broke in and just opened another 1.5 miles last week.  Last I heard there are plans to keep expanding the trails to 10 or more miles. Still 30 minutes or more from Munice but another place to ride.

Thanks for the info on this. I have to go to the east side fo the state on business every once in a while and this could be a good post work riding location. Is there a volunteer/MTB group building the trail?

richmondrider

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 12:48:54 PM »
Yeah, it would probably fall along the lines of beginner/intermediate but I haven't checked out the new section yet.  It is being built by a group call the Richmond Adventure Mountain bikers, they have a facebook page if you want to check them out.  They have group rides on Wednesday evenings and have ran a couple of time trial events this summer. 

MuncieJess

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 09:21:10 AM »
Any new info about the Prairie Creek Reservoir trails?

Thanks, Jesse

MuncieJess

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 09:42:11 AM »
After doing some research I found this webpage dedicated to the Prairie Creek mountain bike trail system. 

https://sites.google.com/site/prairiecreektrails/home

GregB

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 02:25:45 PM »
There has been work on the trail, the FB page for the effort has more detail along with the next work day.  I did not attend the first few work days due to CX races but I believe that almost a mile is done.  During the spring, the larger effort of a gravel multi-use trail (which will connect to the Cardinal Greenway!) will be underway by contractors.  This trail will serve as a backbone for the MTB trails and allow us to utilize the best features of the land that is available. 

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links