//Trail Status mouse over Java // Smash and Dash Alert

Author Topic: Smash and Dash Alert  (Read 21541 times)

jdncpa

• View Profile
Re: Smash and Dash Alert
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 01:29:43 PM »
I stopped by the guard shack to get a status update on the bag I turned in last week.  They found the owner!

Plus, they told me they are on the look out for small grey car which was caught on video at the golf course (where this messenger bag originated apparently).

WheezerMF

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
  • Yep, eleven...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 01:49:15 PM »
I've been parking at the Boy Scouts building between Shadeland & Fall Creek Pkwy, because it saves me a bunch of driving.  Any "news" there??
My collarbone's stronger than your collarbone-- It's ironic!
Give blood; ride a mountain bike:  http://www.cirbc.org/
HMBA Director-at-Large & Comm'ns Dir.

Wall

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 08:52:43 PM »
I haven't heard of any problems at the boy scout hq but the appartments across the street to the north are a big problem.  You are probably gambling.  We get cars broken into all the time at Skiles Test lot just west of Fallcreek/Shadeland so avoid that lot. 

Best advice I can give you is lock your stuff in the trunk if you have one and leave the car unlocked with nothing visible to take.  Wall

gt ss

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 09:10:55 PM »
Thursday aft, someone actually left all their windows open in the LCT head lot while riding. I think he's a regular here and I just don't have the Cohones to try that!

WheezerMF

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
  • Yep, eleven...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 05:26:13 PM »
I haven't heard of any problems at the boy scout hq but the appartments across the street to the north are a big problem.  You are probably gambling.  We get cars broken into all the time at Skiles Test lot just west of Fallcreek/Shadeland so avoid that lot. 

Best advice I can give you is lock your stuff in the trunk if you have one and leave the car unlocked with nothing visible to take.  Wall

Thanks, John. I always make a point of not leaving anything even remotely tempting in the car.  I'll even stop en route and put stuff in the trunk so no one sees me put something interesting in there.  Last Tuesday there was an IMPD cruiser sitting in the Boy Scout parking lot.  ...Not sure whether that's good or bad!!
My collarbone's stronger than your collarbone-- It's ironic!
Give blood; ride a mountain bike:  http://www.cirbc.org/
HMBA Director-at-Large & Comm'ns Dir.

Wall

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 05:27:31 PM »
Someone had their catalytic converter taken.  That is the only report from that location.  We have at least one of these reports from the Castleton area every week.

Paul_Arlinghaus

• Paul Arlinghaus
  • Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
  • Follow me to the next work session at Town Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 06:00:13 PM »
Keep in mind that we have been doing trail work at Fort Ben for a couple years now,  So having one breakup in incident shouldn't put everyone in a panic.  Parking at other locations rally is no safer.  The best thing is for us to all park at the trail head and then we all keep an eye out for each other.   
HMBA: Director of Trail Development / Secretary

orestespd5

• Are you ready to ride the best? Ride RNP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 06:26:40 PM »
Keep in mind that we have been doing trail work at Fort Ben for a couple years now,  So having one breakup in incident shouldn't put everyone in a panic.  Parking at other locations rally is no safer.  The best thing is for us to all park at the trail head and then we all keep an eye out for each other.

1+
2013 Giant Trance x29 (1)
(My other trail Rig) 2011 Jeep Jk, Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex system, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Nitto Tg 35x12.50/17, procomp 7069 17x9,4.56s, Ace bumper with stinger, Smittybilt 8000 lb winch, Ace sliders

john7722

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2012, 09:26:51 PM »
Steph and I rode tonight. The park staff was doing continuous loops threw the park tonight keeping a close watch on things.

MikeHufhand

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 12:25:04 AM »

Actually, there's been a minimum of 10 break-ins at Fort Harrison over a span of 3 or so months.   I've been going to FH for 10years plus and I've never seen it like this.  Let's hope those scumbags get busted soon.

Seth Hildebrand

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2012, 06:39:21 AM »
Set up a sting operation.

mhelsel

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2012, 10:55:26 AM »
I've been parking at the Boy Scouts building between Shadeland & Fall Creek Pkwy, because it saves me a bunch of driving.  Any "news" there??
There is a retail store within the Boy Scout HQ building that has good quality outdoor gear - check it out! Please consider a purchase or donation if using this facility for parking. Local scout troops are a valuable ally to HMBA in the pursuit of additional MTB trails.

Kirk Wheeler

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
  • Homebrewing is Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2012, 01:23:25 PM »
I was informed today that a Silver Tahoe with a temp plate has been staking (looking into vehicles) The female staker has a male driver accomplice. First sited and observed at Schoen Trail head parking and then at the Camp Glen trail head. the park authorities were notified and are on the look out. Be vigilent of your surroundings out there.
HMBA Grill/Brewmaster General
I may be slow but I get there!

MikeHufhand

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2012, 11:48:26 PM »
I found out a description of the couple that was seen casing schoen creek trailhead in the late model Tahoe.  The woman was black and heavyset. The man was black and had a beard.  They were also seen at the Walnut trailhead.  Keep on the lookout for a couple who fits this description.  If you see persons who fit this description and exhibiting suspicious behavior, call 911.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 10:38:47 AM by MikeHufhand »

ups

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2012, 11:08:10 PM »
Struck again this evening at the S. Creek trail head.  Thankful it wasn't my vehicle but pissed off nonetheless.  Parking by the playground from now on.  >:(

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links