//Trail Status mouse over Java // Falling tree kills (horse) rider at Brown County park

Author Topic: Falling tree kills (horse) rider at Brown County park  (Read 1882 times)

87westy

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Falling tree kills (horse) rider at Brown County park
« on: June 18, 2012, 07:52:29 AM »
quoted from the republic in columbus...

A northern Indiana woman was killed by a falling tree Sunday in Brown County State Park.
    Chelsea Ann Lovett, 20, of Granger, was leading a horseback guided trail ride on the north end of the park about 12:30 p.m., when a dead tree fell, striking a second tree that then fell, striking the victim, according to Indiana Department of Natural Resources conservation officers.
    She died at the scene.
    Lovett worked as a trail guide for the Brown County Guided Trail Ride concessionaire at the Saddle Barn in the park.
    A second person was transported to Bloomington Hospital with minor injuries after being thrown from a horse during the incident, officers reported.
    The accident remains under investigation by conservation officers.
    Agencies assisting at the scene included Columbus Regional Hospital ambulance, Nashville Fire Department, Nashville Police Department, Brown County State Park personnel and the Indiana Department of Natural Resources Division of State Parks and Reservoirs.

Shark

• Should be riding....
  • I was already riding.....
    • View Profile
Re: Falling tree kills (horse) rider at Brown County park
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 08:17:43 AM »
Very unfortunate, condolences to her family.
Fat is where it's at!......Tires that is.
Moved to Idaho....:) Now I actually *mountain* bike.

ELduder

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • CORA homepage
Re: Falling tree kills (horse) rider at Brown County park
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 10:34:09 AM »
I was on north gate trail yesterday by the bathrooms and a dead tree fell and landed a foot away from the walk way. Minutes earlier there were a bunch of people there so it would have missed them but would have been a very close call.
Cincinnati Off-Road Alliance member
Hoosier Mountain Bike Association member
International Mountain Bike Association member

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links