//Trail Status mouse over Java // Rider down

Author Topic: Rider down  (Read 5036 times)

ess121212

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Rider down
« on: May 21, 2012, 08:43:42 AM »
I was out last night after the fact, but What his friends told me, was he was on G>V> and lost it into a tree. They said his face was messed up and he was air lifted out of the park. That is all I know about that. Eric

Shark

• Should be riding....
  • I was already riding.....
    • View Profile
Re: Rider down
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 09:26:40 AM »
I came up to the group as the DNR staff was helping them out of the trails on a stretcher in the back of the truck. Hope he is OK!!!

With as dry as it has been there are def some loose corners out there (I found out as well yesterday, luckily missed a tree though)
Fat is where it's at!......Tires that is.
Moved to Idaho....:) Now I actually *mountain* bike.

tjuillerat

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 11:44:57 AM »
Tell me and I forget; show me and I remember; involve me and I understand.
       - Anonymous

SuperJETT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 10:42:15 AM »
From what I know 3rd-4th hand, he was in surgery this morning at 10am. 

One thing we've been talking about after this is to make sure we have some kind of id, emergency contact, etc on our body at all time when riding so it can speak when we can't.  I plan on buying a Road ID bracelet.

EDIT:  just ordered my Road ID
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 12:07:56 PM by SuperJETT »

bbragg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 11:59:07 AM »
I gave my BF a Road ID bracelet for his birthday last year.  One of the best gifts I've ever purchased.

Shark

• Should be riding....
  • I was already riding.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 12:54:42 PM »

One thing we've been talking about after this is to make sure we have some kind of id, emergency contact, etc on our body at all time when riding so it can speak when we can't.  I plan on buying a Road ID bracelet.

Yup good idea. For those that carry a cell phone, program an "ICE" In Case of Emergency contact number in it, helps to track down your loved ones if you are not able to communicate.
Fat is where it's at!......Tires that is.
Moved to Idaho....:) Now I actually *mountain* bike.

Steve King

• Global Moderator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 09:53:23 PM »

Ordered my Road ID two days ago.  Got the "Interactive Version."
http://www.roadid.com/Catalog.aspx?C=RoadID
Free Shipping Coupon Code - DJS5N6D9

Road ID just sent me the below additional coupon.

Coupon Number: ThanksStephen14540973
This coupon is good for $1 off any Road ID order. It can be used up to 20 times in the next 30 days.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 07:59:44 PM by Steve King »

gt ss

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 10:07:42 PM »
I typically carry my drivers lisence and/or my phone with my wifes # programmed at the top of the phonebook as S****y/wife.

Plus I NEVER get hurt  :P

Catrin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 09:23:31 AM »
I've an interactive Road ID because I ride solo much of the time on trail and road. The challenge is to remember to put it on my wrist...that needs to change. Once you get the ID the service is only $9.95 a year and that is a very small price to pay for something that could help to save your life.

Has anyone heard how this rider is doing?

thebeatgoeson

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 09:37:49 AM »
From what I have read he has a C6 spinal injury. The stabalized his spine via surgery earlier this week.  Still can't use his legs and it is unsure if that will improve. There is a facebook page satrted in his name (Tom Morris) and some fund raising going on also. According to the posts his spirits are high and he has a tonof family and friends pulling for him. Be careful out there.

SuperJETT

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 10:38:02 AM »
From what I have read he has a C6 spinal injury. The stabalized his spine via surgery earlier this week.  Still can't use his legs and it is unsure if that will improve. There is a facebook page satrted in his name (Tom Morris) and some fund raising going on also. According to the posts his spirits are high and he has a tonof family and friends pulling for him. Be careful out there.

That's the other rider that was injured recently, this thread is about Alan Keeling from Kentucky.  He had surgery yesterday morning but I haven't heard anything other than that.

SuperJETT

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 06:59:15 AM »
Alan posted an update on our Meetup yesterday:
Hi to one and all who rode with me on Sunday prior to the accident. Thanks to those who were around to assist in my hour of need, I recovered from the brain trauma I was experiencing by the end of the day.  On Tuesday I had facial surgery to repair the frontal skull fractures, which are healing nicely and was discharged from hospital Thursday.  I returned to the hospital today for removal of facial stitches.   My apologies for not making the dinner - it was my fist concern once I came around..

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links