//Trail Status mouse over Java // Show Posts - garydzeb

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - garydzeb

Pages: [1] 2 3
Buy, Sell, Trade / Re: SE fat tire bike...
« on: April 21, 2018, 06:24:39 PM »
MSRP over $1000, I'm asking $550.  I got this at a small charity silent auction (about 25 people), and I made the opening bid to get the ball rolling but I didn't expect to win.  I won't be able to do this bike justice due to health reasons.  Any profit made over what I paid will also go to Indy Public Safety for the police youth biking program (the guys that always loan us bikes and helmets for the HMBA events).  I have more photos if anyone wants to see them.


Buy, Sell, Trade / SE fat tire bike...
« on: April 21, 2018, 04:12:11 PM »
For sale, a new 'fat tire' mountain bike!  SE bikes, 26x4" wheels, 27 speed, disc brakes, rides nice!  That's a yardstick on the ground for scale.  This bike is for sale if anyone is interested, just message me.  Set up new from BGI north.

-Gary Degler

SE F@-e Fat Bike
    3x9 Shimano drivetrain, 27 speed
    Shimano Acera, 3x9-speed shifters
    26x4 Mission fat tires,
    Alloy 32H wheels, black stainless spokes
    Strong, light alloy 6061 frame
    Tektro Auriga hydraulics 160mm disc brakes
    Samox 44/32/22T, 175mm crank arm length crankset
    Alloy 2-bolt, micro-adjust seat is 30.9mm x 350mm
    Alloy platform pedals
    Weight:  37.60 lbs 17.09 kg


Events / Re: 2017 EPIC Registration is OPEN!!
« on: August 13, 2017, 12:31:11 PM »
I still don't see a link for Epic volunteers to sign up, do you know when that will be available?


I just looked at the sign-up site, we still need a LOT more volunteers!!  Link: 


Fort Harrison State Park / Re: Are the trails widening?
« on: March 29, 2016, 01:22:51 PM »
I hike at Ft Ben a lot, and I always listen for bikes and I step out of the way off the trail for them.  Some of you have probably seen me, and 95% of the bikers are always polite and say something friendly (you know the other 5%).  Hey, I know who builds those trails, and they always get the right of way from me...

Avon - Washington Township Park / New website links...
« on: January 25, 2016, 04:36:19 PM »
The links have changed from the Info and Directions sticky above.  The new links are:



Flat Fork Creek Park (Fisher) / Re: INFO on Flat Fork Creek Park
« on: January 25, 2016, 04:25:33 PM »
Great park with really nice trails and other features!  I hiked around out there a couple weeks after the grand opening.

Flat Fork Creek Park (Fisher) / Re: Grand Opening
« on: December 08, 2015, 04:46:23 PM »
I hiked some of the park today, it's looking really nice!  Is there a trail map yet for the bike trails??

Fort Harrison State Park / Re: Fort Harrison Trail Conditions - 2015
« on: November 06, 2015, 04:00:31 PM »
I hiked part of Camp Glenn around 2:00 today, and it was pretty green.  Trail was damp but firm, and I didn't see any slick spots.  But I'm sure there may be some puddles in the usual spots.

Events / Re: Brown County Epic
« on: October 08, 2015, 10:33:37 AM »

One could always dive off of 65 S at the Franklin exit and drive SR44 and end up on 135 if they had to. Not a bad drive, either. Here's a map.

When I head down from the east side of Indy, I've been going down I-65 and then cutting west at the Whiteland Road exit.  That takes you to 135 just south of all the suburban clutter.  I like that way better than the SR 44 route through Franklin.  (It also takes you near Taxman Brewing in Bargersville!).

Events / Re: Volunteer's Needed - HMBA - Hoosier Outdoor Experience
« on: September 23, 2015, 01:01:51 PM »
The HOE '15 was a fun event as usual, and the weather was great (most of the time).  Thanks to the volunteers who pitched in!!

Fort Harrison State Park / Re: Schoen bridge
« on: July 16, 2015, 04:36:14 PM »
It was already fixed by noon on Wednesday!

Fort Harrison State Park / Jockamo's pizza...
« on: June 03, 2015, 11:53:36 AM »
Just a heads up, the Ft. Ben Jockamo's is now open!  Enter from Otis Avenue, it's a block or two east of the 56th Street CVS.  They have a decent beer assortment including Indiana crafts (and they do have Railsplitter)...

Pages: [1] 2 3

Important Links





Trail Guide