Interested in Volunteering?
Volunteer details and schedule – sign-up details and benefits are listed in the document.
About the Brown County Epic MTB Festival
Experience the best mountain biking in the Midwest at the Brown County Epic Mountain Bike Festival, October 7-9, 2016. Located in Brown County, Indiana the 2016 Mountain Bike Festival and Epic Ride will offer tons of flowing single track during prime Autumn Season. The Epic Ride Routes with SAG support will take place on Saturday, October 8. Routes of 25, 50, 75, and 100 miles will be mapped and signed for participants. This means after a long day of riding Saturday, you’ll roll into camp with a huge BBQ dinner and party to celebrate your achievements. Sleep in Sunday and take an easy ride.
The trails at Brown County State Park exist because of Hoosier Mountain Bike Association (HMBA) and the many volunteers who contribute hundreds of hours each year, this event supports those efforts and more. HMBA is building new trails each year and will again have some new trail open to ride for the Epic. Come for the weekend and experience an impressive array of cycling inspired events and resources. The festival will have something for everyone; camping, bike demos, food trucks, beer garden, group rides, clinics, games, raffles, live music, post ride BBQ, and more.
And did we mention all proceeds benefit HMBA, building new trails every year!
Registration to the Epic Mountain Bike Festival includes:
- You’re giving back to the local trail system!
- Register before Aug. 5 and receive 50% coupon code from Mercury Wheels
- Live music Friday and Saturday night
- Complimentary beer tickets for Friday and Saturday night, courtesy of Quaff ON!
- Food and drinks at all aid stations
- Free Saturday BBQ after your ride, hosted by Big Woods Brewery
- Flagged, well marked trails
- Swag bag with plenty of cool stuff
- Sweepers and Bike Patrol trained in first-aid
- A cool t-shirt
- Event pint glass
- Basic bike assistance at aid stations (free lube, tire pumping, etc.)
- Free entry to great raffle prizes (TREK bike and lots of cool stuff)
- Free bike and product demos Friday-Sunday (updated schedule to come)
- And don’t forget, all proceeds go to HMBA, which goes back to the trails you’re riding!
Sundance Mountain Bike Skills Clinics – New for 2016, plus it is a 100% HMBA trail fundraiser!
Sally Marchand Collins owner of Sundance Mountain Bike Skills Clinics along with IMBA-ICP and PMBIA Certified Level 1 & 2 coaches will be hosting THE EPIC’s first mountain bike skills clinic October 7-9, 2016! The Sundance Mountain Bike Skills Clinic will be Saturday Oct. 8, your registration includes the Epic weekend of activities, see above.
This clinic is designed for the beginner to the advanced mountain biker. We will offer stellar instruction by experienced certified coaches. You will learn the fundamental skills that will take your mountain bike rides to a more advanced level. You will learn to identify what you’ve been doing wrong. You will take on a new perspective behind your bars;
Select your category, get ready to have fun and gain new skills with confidence!
- Intro – I just got a mountain bike or I haven’t spent much time on my bike. I haven’t been on trails. I am thrilled to learn new skills and want to become confident on my bike. (Pine Loop) $215
- Beginner – I can ride on paved trails and have ridden on dirt trails. I need more balance, control, and consistency of my bike. I typically hesitate or have to get off my bike with rocks, bridges, logs, technical or steep trails. I am excited to learn how to ride more technical trails. (Limekiln) $215
- Intermediate – I enjoy riding on most trails. I need more focus on technique for being relaxed, with better balance, control and consistency. I can ride over small logs, rocks and roots. I feel I have decent control of my bike while descending most trails. I would like to become better at track stands for better balance, lifting my wheels, faster descending & climbing, cornering, short punchy climbs, completing switchbacks, without putting a foot down and going over small drops. (Green Valley/Hesitation Point) $215
- Intermediate – Advanced – I’m quite confident riding technical trails while lifting my wheels, conquering switchbacks, roots, rocks and logs. I feel I have exceptional balance, control and consistency of my bike with most trails. I would like to be more relaxed with track stands before larger obstacles like large log up & overs. I would like to have faster eye movement, better flow on the trails, master high speed turns; learn to ride drops-lofts, bunny-hop and tight switchbacks. (Walnut) $215
- Experienced – Advanced – I’m experienced with maximum control, speed and traction. I am confident riding advanced trails with large obstacles. I have a relaxed track stand and ride large rocks, logs and big drops. I am comfortable with either leg “leading”, bunny-hops, riding manuals over rock and root sections, kicking out on switchbacks and can climb and descend all steep technical trails. I need more help with either leg leading, bunny-hops, manuals, better form for jumping-lofts, more aggressive with corners, and kicking out on switchbacks. I want to conquer my weaknesses. (Schooner Trace) $215
- Expert (You are the Man!) – You are awesome! Your name is Danny MacAskill! Go ride!!! J
There is a cap of 40 passionate Adult and 12 Youth mountain bikers and a waiting list will be added.
After registering you will be sent a skills assessment form, so we can group participants accordingly. You will also be sent more information on what to bring and what to expect. This is a weekend festival, instead of doing a long ride on Saturday you will be going through the skills clinic, with plenty of time for riding. Clinic participants will receive everything listed in the Registration perks above. If you have questions please contact Sally Marchand Collins firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in being a sponsor or exhibitor?
Our sponsors are a large part of making the Brown County Epic Mountain Bike Festival such an amazing success. If you have questions about sponsorship please contact email@example.com
Music, Food, Sponsors, and Schedule
Check out the event schedule to plan your weekend!
Sponsors and Exhibitors
Far Out Fred’s
Friday Night – The Indiana Boys
Saturday Evening – The Haters