Author Topic: Mountain Bike Privileges to be revoked!  (Read 4476 times)

orestespd5

• Are you ready to ride the best? Ride RNP!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mountain Bike Privileges to be revoked!
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 09:15:30 PM »
We went to NC to ride on our honeymoon last june. We rode Dupont on Monday, Tsali Tues, Pisgah Wed and  Black Mountain on Friday. If you like a technical trail with lots climbing Black Mountain is it! I think diving clear to NC to ride only 1 trail is a waste of time. There is tons of great trails in western NC so If you can make it that way make sure you make a week out of it! On our way down we stopped in KY and rode The Sheltowee Trace @ Laurel Lake. This a fast fun roller coster type of trail!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:22:50 PM by orestespd5 »
2013 Giant Trance x29 (1)
(My other trail Rig) 2011 Jeep Jk, Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex system, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Nitto Tg 35x12.50/17, procomp 7069 17x9,4.56s, Ace bumper with stinger, Smittybilt 8000 lb winch, Ace sliders

Konarick

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 10:04:51 PM »
The only thing about VSP that makes BCSP better is access to trail from the campground.
Quit complaining and get out and ride.

Nitainium

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 11:45:20 PM »
Usually drive to Rangeline, Westwood or BCSP on my days off. I was going to Rangeline and break/hurt myself on the new expert extension but am driving to VSP Thursday A.M. to ride instead after all the print it is getting this week. Rode there 2+ years ago and loved it but have not been back. 
Rode Tsali several years ago and the best part was the awesome views north to Smokey Mtn Park.
If your looking for a free ride to VSP and want to go leaving at 9am and back by 4pm NE side of Indy.
Mike

xcrdr

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 05:03:32 PM »
We have a group of about 15 coming down from Michigan for the weekend May 4,5,6. plan on riding BCSP friday and saturday and now to avoid revokation we will ride Versailles sunday morning. Is there a race in the area that weekend that we need to avoid? The weather looks great and it should be a great weekend of riding.

Shark

• Should be riding....
  • I was already riding.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 05:31:02 PM »
There is a race at bcsp on sunday so your plan should work out well
Fat is where it's at!......Tires that is.
Moved to Idaho....:) Now I actually *mountain* bike.

xcrdr

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 05:54:22 PM »
There is a race at bcsp on sunday so your plan should work out well
Thank you sir! That is the rumor I had heard but could not find confirmation. Double thanks!

Shark

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 08:12:07 PM »
No prob. It is the Drt point to point I believe. Not all trails are used if I remember correctly, but versailles is a great trail so have a good time!
There is also nebo, gnawbone, or valley branch if you want a more rugged experience and maybe some broken derailleur hangers .

john7722

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 04:31:59 AM »
A group of us have been riding Hoosier National every weekend since the end of February.
The Hickory Ridge trail system is becoming my new favorite trail system in Indiana. The Raw,Rugged ,mostly un-maintained trails and Brutal climbs, kick our butt every time we ride. 20 miles in there feels like 40 anywhere else.

gnawbonelefty

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2012, 10:26:48 AM »
A group of us have been riding Hoosier National every weekend since the end of February.
The Hickory Ridge trail system is becoming my new favorite trail system in Indiana. The Raw,Rugged ,mostly un-maintained trails and Brutal climbs, kick our butt every time we ride. 20 miles in there feels like 40 anywhere else.

+1

I don't want to dissuade a trip to Versailles,  it is an excellent trail system with the same type of high speed flow as brown county,
 it is however about an 1hr 45min from BCSP,  for a change of pace I too recommend the hoosier national forest, valley branch or gnawbone camp.  All are within 10 miles of BCSP, All have steep climbs and descents and are more rugged than brown county.  If legs are a bit spent, after 2 days at bcsp,  nebo in hnf is close by,  doesn't have too much climbing, and is an out and back for 17 miles total, so it would be hard to get lost.  If you want more,  it's a short jaunt to hook into the hickory ridge trail system.

tmac

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2012, 02:10:09 PM »
+2
We are very fortunate to have trail systems like HNF, VBR and Gnawbone to supply a nice dose of kick ur butt riding.

That said, I also have a hoot railing the flowing, high speed stuff at VSP. I have to say, it's an embarrassment of riches. :D 

trailrunner66

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2012, 02:13:07 PM »
I have nor ridden VSP since last July and it was a little rough lost of ruts loose rock etc. Not so much sweet flowing single track. Have they worked on it last fall or early this year? :'(

ELduder

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • CORA homepage
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2012, 10:35:06 PM »
I have nor ridden VSP since last July and it was a little rough lost of ruts loose rock etc. Not so much sweet flowing single track. Have they worked on it last fall or early this year

We got a bit of loose rock but overall it is super fast and flowy. cant recall all the ruts you speak off but if they were there they are long gone now.
Cincinnati Off-Road Alliance member
Hoosier Mountain Bike Association member
International Mountain Bike Association member

gt ss

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2012, 04:34:31 PM »
I have nor ridden VSP since last July and it was a little rough lost of ruts loose rock etc. Not so much sweet flowing single track. Have they worked on it last fall or early this year

We got a bit of loose rock but overall it is super fast and flowy. cant recall all the ruts you speak off but if they were there they are long gone now.

Any trail I can average 12+ mph on my SS IS super fast and flowy. Fo' sho' 8)

Shark

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2012, 06:28:23 PM »
Rode VSP today, man oh man forgot how much FUN that trail is. & it was almost empty too...bonus!

JoshGates

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2012, 04:00:18 PM »
I had a great time out at VSP today thanks for the reminder!

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links