Author Topic: Trail Conditions  (Read 11564 times)

faster on a 29er

• View Profile
Re: Trail Conditions
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2013, 07:33:59 AM »
Thanks for the trail work this summer

I plan to mow at TRT south loop tmro w/ walk behind bush hog from Runyon Tool rental. Let me know if you would like to join or need any equip. After mowing TRT I plan to evaluate Hazel Landing & RR. The new frisbee golf at Hazel landing should be open

Steve
Five one three 4383

John Stewart

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2013, 04:52:07 PM »
Rode both trails this afternoon (sunday) and conditions were excellent.

ryantrek

• Patches, the marble jersey
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2013, 05:42:36 PM »
 I attempted to ride hazel landing Saturday, but was losing track of the trail with the new areas all chopped up for the Frisbee course.

gt ss

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2013, 07:50:19 PM »
I attempted to ride hazel landing Saturday, but was losing track of the trail with the new areas all chopped up for the Frisbee course.
sounds like it's been "Rangelined" :(

RiverBankRider

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2013, 10:41:05 PM »

I don't have a gas chainsaw to handle the downed trees on River Road Park's trail, so I thought I'd post up for anyone that may be so inclined as to clear it.

There are 2 downed trees.  The first one is on the trail, in the first dip from the trail-head, upper section.  I believe the second is on the lower section, below the first overlook. 

If we don't get someone to chainsaw out the upper tree, then riders can still make it to the trail, past the debris if they have some momentum. 

The downed tree on the lower section can be navigated around too, but much more technical, with the tree broken off, just below the trail and a large branch to ride over, just past the outcropping tree trunk.
2012 Mountain Cycle Twentysixandsix
2010 Redline Conquest

RiverBankRider

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2014, 06:56:21 PM »
River Road Trail is looking good. I'd call it green except for some obstacles that have been present all winter.

2010 Redline Conquest

msuyguy

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2014, 12:12:51 AM »
5/3/2014  -First mountain bike ride ever.. as in - ever in my life. 

River Road was solid, no mud, 1 tree limb is down on the lower part of the run that could be moved with some muscle.  Some trail runners and only 1 other biker.

Hazel Dell also solid, no mud, quite a few big branches and hole trees down across the trail.  Not a single rider encountered in over 2 hours there.  Lots of Frisbee golfers towards the back part.   Also, there's TONS and I mean TONS of animal waste on the trail.  At first I thought someone didn't pick up after their dog but if that was the case they must have had 30+ dogs. 

RiverBankRider

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2014, 09:22:37 PM »
River Road Park is now green. The stinging nettles have been cut back.  The surface is somewhat soft... probably because of the somewhat low traffic this trail gets.
2010 Redline Conquest

jsommer

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2014, 06:52:48 PM »
Just rode the Landing trail so I thought I'd give a quick update (not sure how many/often riders visit this trail): overall decent condition,  a few sticks here and there but nothing that should cause a problem.  I'd suggest wearing pants as trail becomes pretty narrow due to some hearty plants.

I wish this was more of a loop you're of trail (doubt I'm the only one) for safety reasons.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links