Author Topic: Avon Trail Work  (Read 50631 times)

Todd Himes

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
Re: Avon Trail Work
« Reply #270 on: April 21, 2013, 08:51:22 PM »
 Don't worry about moving the bridge back, it's gone! The section of trail between the lower pond and the creek is also gone. The smaller wooden bridge on Brian's trail will need moved back, it wasn't moved very far. I will be there tomorrow about 5:00 to get some trails cleared, lots of debris, sand and mud from the flood. I plan on parking at the ball fields and starting on the short loop east of the iron bridge. 

Todd Himes

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 14, 2013, 08:53:35 PM »
My brother and I trimmed the the short loop east of the iron bridge and Brian's trail today.  I will be doing more trimming this week, hopefully using the park's equipment. I spoke to Steve (park employee) today, he thinks that the park/town are looking at getting the army corps of engineers to control the creek erosion problem next to the lower pond behind the pavilion.

Todd Himes

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2013, 10:06:56 AM »
I finished trimming the singletrack section from just south of the train trestle to where it comes out of the woods south of the pavillion.

flyinbrian

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 05, 2013, 08:30:35 AM »
Thanks for cutting the weeds back Todd! I have not even been over to Avon to ride this year, but it is still nice to know someone is doing some work to keep the trails open.
Brian Bowerbank

Igor

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 06, 2013, 09:04:39 AM »
Thanks guys for keeping up on the Avon trail! I just spent weekend riding there and I had blast. I did pick up some trash but I wasn't prepared for it so there is more that needs cleaned up. I'd like to help with maintenance so just let me know when next time somebody is going over there and Ill do my best to be there. I live about 15 min. away from park but drive by it every day going to work and back. I'm relatively new to MBiking although I have been on the bike in one way or the other most of my life. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys.

Thanks for all you do, e

fezick

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 25, 2014, 11:32:59 AM »
Does HMBA still maintain and/or sponsor the Avon trails? Some of them are getting pretty rough, especially Eagle's Way and Poplar Pass. There are also several downed trees on the unnamed southern trails that need chainsaw work.

Trail map: http://www.washingtontwpparks.org/park-maps.html

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links