Author Topic: Trail Conditions  (Read 35876 times)

Adim_x

• View Profile
Re: Trail Conditions
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2011, 11:26:58 PM »
Anyone have a garmin profile of the trails?  I have never been there and wanna come check it out after work.   I am curious how it compares in climbing to BCSP. 

NVmtbRIDER

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2011, 04:46:15 AM »
The climbs are not as long, but the grade of the climb makes up for it in most places.  It averages out to around 8 or 9% on the older trails and 6 to 7% on the new trail.  Some may be as high as 20 to 25%, but these are short and quick climbs.  Overall I think that this is a climbers course.   Lots of fun though. 

Can be  bit confusing so pay attention to the signs or what is left of them.  Brown color code will take you through almost all of the trail. 

bikapelli1

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2011, 07:27:39 PM »
Rode the trails today.  They were about perfect; nice and fast, but not too dusty.  Even the creek under the bridge was good.  This is definitely a hidden jewel that people should ride, and not just a few weeks in the end of June.

One note, there was a small log down across the trail towards the back of the property.  It's not too big, but is sitting a foot in the air. 

bikapelli
"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race." H.G Wells

Scholl

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2011, 03:23:22 PM »
I was thinking about trying a new trail this weekend. Can anybody provide an update on the conditions? Also, does it drain well enough if we get more rain tonight or tomorrow? Thanks.

Nitainium

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2011, 03:51:26 PM »
leaf covered but otherwise dry and in good shape today.
Mike

chhspenc

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2012, 12:35:28 PM »
Rode the trails today.  They were about perfect; nice and fast, but not too dusty.  Even the creek under the bridge was good.  This is definitely a hidden jewel that people should ride, and not just a few weeks in the end of June.

One note, there was a small log down across the trail towards the back of the property.  It's not too big, but is sitting a foot in the air. 

bikapelli

I don't know if its the same log or not, but on Friday there was a tree down that crossed the trail in two places and it was also about a foot up in the air. Can't remember which trail though, but I will check to see if its there still tonight. If my memory serves me its the trail across the road from the bathrooms, but I've slept since then  :)
I would have gone faster, but there was some fat slow guy riding my bike.

chhspenc

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2012, 11:04:03 AM »
Two trees down last night. #1 by the bathrooms and go to the trail on the right there is one down about 100 feet. #2 go to bathroom and go to trail on the left. Its down about quarter mile, may be better to come in from the other end of that trail.
I would have gone faster, but there was some fat slow guy riding my bike.

Guy

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2012, 07:35:49 AM »
Trail conditions were good yesterday. Just the usual soft spots in the low areas and ravine crossings. Few trees down.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 08:29:06 AM by Guyfry »

holzhaus

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • http://www.DINOseries.com
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2012, 08:43:36 AM »
I'm going to guess it's "red" today. I didn't go on the trail, but I was in the park last evening and it got hammered with rain.

Shark

• Should be riding....
  • I was already riding.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2012, 10:58:13 AM »
Had a quick ride out there 2 days ago, trails are in great shape, lots of work going on, the new trails are pretty sweet!

I don't ride out there often (last time was a few years ago??) so there was some stopping at the few intersections & head scratching....but overall was fun to get out again.

Are there certain sections where the bike trail meets with the blue/orange hiking trails? I swear there were some spots they were combined, but then other intersections I saw a couple no bike signs....who knows?..  :D
Fat is where it's at!......Tires that is.
Moved to Idaho....:) Now I actually *mountain* bike.

jerrywr

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2012, 11:32:42 AM »
i got turned around 2 times myself. kind of a maze right now. nice new trails though

edf

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2012, 01:03:01 PM »
Trails were great yesterday. Had to help a few groups of lost kids back to the campground once they found themselves on the wrong trail, but other than that had the place to myself. Anyone know if the DINO course in two weeks will use any of the new trail beyond the beginner loop around the campground?

RDF73Charger

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2012, 09:32:00 AM »
Conditions were great yesterday. Got lost once on one of the new trails.
The new sections are not finished and unlikely to be used for the DINO race.
Used to hate this trail but now I really like it. Too bad it is so far away from Indy.
And I have to go by BCSP to get to it.

jayfish

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2012, 06:13:06 PM »
Needing to rehab a torn hamstring suffered in another sport and unable to ride at the moment, I decided to hike the Muscatatuck Park trails to regain some strength in the injured leg. 
What I discovered was the excellent progress that has been made on building new trails in the park.  It's obvious that much thought and hard work has gone into the trails and, as an occasional biking visitor there, I'd like thank the trail crews for their hard work in building and maintaining the trails and giving all of us another excellent place to ride.
I've enjoyed the steady progress that's been made on the trails in recent years and remember the original trails that seemed to go straight up one ridge and down the other.  It's not that way any more as well contoured, bench cut, and bermed turns have gradually replaced the original trails.  It appears to me that all the new trails need now is a lot of bike use to finish them up (when it's dry of course). 
So, if you haven't ridden Muscatatuck in a while, you should plan a visit there soon.  It's another small gem in the wealth of places we have to ride right here in southern Indiana.  It's a fun place to ride and technical and challenging enough to keep it interesting.  Check it out if you haven't already. 

Guy

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2012, 10:28:29 PM »
I got a chance to ride the new Advanced trail, below the School House. It's a real hoot to ride and has some great flowing berms.....The recent rains are really packing the dirt down nicely.

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links