Author Topic: Trail Conditions  (Read 11617 times)

trbsami

• Training wheels on
  • HMBA Member
    • View Profile
Re: Trail Conditions
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 10:54:21 PM »
Time to bump this thread.
 I will be coming up from Indy for work on Apr 9 and 11 and plan to hit the trail both afternoons around 4:15- 4:30.  Will be my first time on this trail.
My only friend/ contact in town has a separated shoulder, so he can`t ride. 
Just wondering about conditions so far this spring.
Thanks

`12 Marin Pine Mountain 29er 1x10

DeepVI

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 10:37:23 AM »
Anyone?  Bueller?  Be up this weekend, wondering what the trails will be like.
2012 Trek Scratch
2012 Transition TransAM
Keep the rubber side down!

jhmace9

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 02:19:42 PM »
I rode the trails last weekend 4/19.
the additions from last year survived through the winter pretty well.  not much has happened to them at all.
Some of the other areas are suffering however.

When I went there and parked in my usual spot(in the swimming area gravel parking lot) I noted a massive amount of wood chip mulch piled up.  As in about 7 foot tall mesa covering the majority of the parking lot.  Kind of made me wonder what they were planning on using all of that for.
Well, I found some of it out there in the 'Hacks super secret trail' section. about half of it is now 4 foot wide walking path lined with wood chips.  consistency of deep mud for bikes.  Makes me pretty worried about the rest of the trails if they have that much mulch to work with I could see the entire trail system covered and widened.

I think maybe they might be headed in the wrong direction there.

BUT, other than that the trails themselves were pretty dry and ready for riding.

Jon Clodfelter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 04:15:01 PM »
Trails were perfect today, both sides of the creek.  Looks like a bunch of fallen trees have been cleared recently.  Get out and ride!

Nate Hawkins

• HMBA Board
  • Administrator
  • Should be riding....
  • HMBA web lackey and GIS guru.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 11:03:29 PM »
Rode here today for the first time during the Salsa demo on a Bucksaw FS fattie.

After last night's rain, they were solid yellow overall, with the stuff along the creek at the worse end of that spectrum, and the stuff on top of the hills in great shape.  Some standing water in low areas, but it had not really soaked in and made a bunch of sloppy mud just yet.

Trail system was confusing as hell.  I really had no idea where I was going.  I just went out and rode stuff, eventually finding my way back to the parking lot.  Got almost 10mi.  Pretty sure I didn't ride absolutely everything, but there are so many intersections it's hard to tell what I missed.
2014 HMBA/IMBA At-Large Board Member
Hoosier Mountain Bike Association
Indy Ride Guide Program Coordinator
INDYCOG

Important Links

Join HMBA

Calendar

Trail Guide

Links