Author Topic: OFFICIAL 2013 BREAKDOWN ANNOUNCEMENT AND INFORMATION  (Read 3159 times)

tjuillerat

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic
OFFICIAL 2013 BREAKDOWN ANNOUNCEMENT AND INFORMATION
« on: July 07, 2013, 10:10:56 PM »

EARLY BIRD ONLINE REGISTRATION
July 1 thru July 31
Cost is $100

GENERAL ONLINE REGISTRATION
August 1 thru September 25
online registration closes at NOON
Cost is $125

ONSITE REGISTRATION
September 27 thru September 29
Cost is $150

YOUTH REGISTRATION
Includes event camping, t-shirt and hog roast
Ages 17 and under participating in Sunday ride.
Youth riders must be accompanied by an adult.
Cost is $65 online or onsite

YOU MUST REGISTER BEFORE SEPT 19 IN ORDER TO GUARANTEE RECEIVING AN EVENT T-SHIRT.

2013 Musical Line-up Featuring
Derick Howard
White Lightning Boys
New Old Calvary
Chicago Farmer
Eric Lambert and Friends
Rumpke Mountain Boys
Whipstitch Sallies
Stuttering Ducks 
and more! 

The 9th Annual Brown County Breakdown will take place on Sunday, September 29, 2013 at the IMBA Epic Brown County State Park in beautiful Nashville, Indiana. Join us for an entire weekend of live bluegrass music, epic mountain biking, free bike and product demos and much, much more.  The Brown County Breakdown was recently named one of the "BEST BIKE FESTS" by Outside Magazine.  Others on the list include Crankworx, Downieville Classic, Outerbike and DirtRag Dirt Fest!  The Breakdown is the largest fundraising event for the Hoosier Mountain Bike Association.   

http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/biking/Best-Bike-Fests-Brown-County-Breakdown.html

Go to www.browncountybreakdown.com for all the info and a link to register for the 9th annual event!

More info about the Brown County trails can be found at www.browncountymountainbiking.com and www.imba.com/epics/brown-county
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 04:45:37 PM by tjuillerat »
Tell me and I forget; show me and I remember; involve me and I understand.
       - Anonymous

tjuillerat

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL 2013 BREAKDOWN ANNOUNCEMENT AND INFORMATION
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 10:39:08 AM »

Hey folks... the Brown County Breakdown is just three weeks away... are you signed up yet!

This is by far going to be our biggest and best Breakdown yet. 

Did you know?
~ The Breakdown has added new trail or a new section EVERY YEAR since its 2005 inception.... and this year will be no different!  We're clearing brand new sections of trail NEVER BEFORE OPEN TO MOUNTAIN BIKERS in the near by Yellowwood State Forest - FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW!!  This will be the only day of the year when you can check it out! 

Did you know?
~ The Breakdown is the largest fund-raising event for the Hoosier Mountain Bike Association (www.hmba.org).  Both 2011 and 2012 saw more than $20,000 going to the organization.  This year we're on track to hit the $100K mark with total money raised since we started in '05!

Did you know?
~ Just this year we were listed as "BEST BIKE FEST" by Outside Magazine.  Only 11 fests were on this list that included such other great events as Crankworx, Downieville Classic, Ride Sun Valley, Dirt Rag's Dirt Fest, Outerbike and more!

Did you know?
~ That by registering for the Breakdown AND renewing/joining/extending your IMBA membership you can win a Scott bike with SRAM XX1 group valued at more than $6000!  Check out the website for all the info.

Did you know?
~ The Breakdown hosts one of the largest bike and products demos in the Midwest... This year you can check out new product from Giant, Trek, Cannondale, Specialized, Scott Bikes, Diamondback, Liv/giant, SKS-Germany, GORE, Hammer Nutrition, Kitsbow MTB Apparel and more!

Did you know?
~ The Breakdown is FAMILY FRIENDLY!  We encourage folks to bring the kids along.  It's a great way to get the whole family involved!  The Saturday demo includes a Family Fun Ride on the IMBA Epic Brown County mountain bike trails as well as the NITRO Kids Zone where the young'ins can spend the afternoon playing on obstacles and having fun! 

Did you know?
~ The Breakdown draws riders from across the country.  We already have registrations from California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Virginia!

Did you know?
~ The Breakdown isn't a race.  We don't keep track of your mileage and we don't care how little or how much you ride.  We simply give you a "suggested" route to explore and you choose how far you want to go.  Our routes can take you up to 100 miles WITHOUT REPEATING ANY TRAIL!  The Breakdown is a celebration of mountain biking... with a little bluegrass thrown in for fun! 

Now that you know a little more about the Breakdown - we hope to see many of you there!

Go to www.browncountybreakdown.com for all the info and a link to register!

- Anonymous

DogStarMan

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 01:00:46 PM »
Has anyone else had any problems with the online registration?  Keeps timing out on me.

tjuillerat

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 01:02:02 PM »
Has anyone else had any problems with the online registration?  Keeps timing out on me.

This is the first I have heard of issues.  We have had other registrations today, so it does seem to be up and working.  What internet browser are you using?  You might try clearing your internet cache (if you know what that is and how to do it) and see if that helps.
       - Anonymous

DogStarMan

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 02:07:30 PM »
I tried it with IE and Chrome and got the same result.  I fill out the form and hit Register without login and I get a spinny with Processing... for awhile and then I get the following error:

An Error has occurred on the page you were trying view.
Error details have been sent to tech support.
Please try again or contact if you need to confirm whether your transaction completed normally. 
Maybe I should try from home instead of work ;)

tjuillerat

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 03:47:58 PM »
yeah- try it at home... I've still been getting registrations all day (for both the Breakdown and Gravel Grovel) so I know it's working.  If you continue to have issues though, you'll need to contact BikeReg directly
       - Anonymous

DogStarMan

• Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 09:29:56 AM »
It worked from home.  But now I have to wait until next Friday to register due to a lack of funds as a result of a car repair.  ::)

JasonS

• HMBA-IMBA Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 09:39:11 AM »
Can you say about how many openings, with tent camping, are left?  I'm working hard on a few friends to sign up and wonder if they will register in time.

Thanks

tjuillerat

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 10:34:38 AM »
Still plenty of room left.  We were able to increase the camping area this year (we are able to setup tents in the field in front of the pool now)

You can see the camping area (inside the blue lines) on the Google Earth Map here:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=104197044372213757029.0004722a7c0fbba849e90&ll=39.19221,-86.216444&spn=0.004241,0.009602&t=h&z=17&dg=feature
       - Anonymous

tjuillerat

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 11:52:50 AM »
Here we are folks.. just two weeks out! Remember you must register by THIS THURSDAY in order to guarantee receiving a free event t-shirt. Shirts will NOT be distributed after the event. T-shirts come in Men's, Women's and Youth sizes. Don't delay! Get signed up for the 9th Annual Brown County Breakdown and come support the Hoosier Mountain Bike Association in our largest fundraising event of the year! Get all the info and a link to register at www.browncountybreakdown.com
       - Anonymous

JonnyB

• HMBA-IMBA Member
  • Training wheels on
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 11:10:57 PM »
Any chance there are any leftover shirts from last year?  I apparently registered online too late last year and my shirt size was not available when I got there and was told I would get it later...and never did. 

tjuillerat

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 02:19:35 AM »
I believe we do have some of each size available.  Sorry you didn't get your shirt.  I sent several emails following the event to try to get them to everyone.  Just stop by and ask when you're there!
       - Anonymous

ELduder

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • CORA homepage
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 04:35:55 PM »
is there a link to see who registered already? thanks
Cincinnati Off-Road Alliance member
Hoosier Mountain Bike Association member
International Mountain Bike Association member

tjuillerat

• Administrator
  • Should be riding....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 04:46:18 PM »
is there a link to see who registered already? thanks

Here you go!

https://www.bikereg.com/net/Confirmed/19834

(and sorry - I remember seeing you ask on a FB post, but then couldn't remember which one it was when I went back to answer you... see you there!)
       - Anonymous

ELduder

• Should be riding....
    • View Profile
    • CORA homepage
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2013, 10:16:48 PM »
thanks
Cincinnati Off-Road Alliance member
Hoosier Mountain Bike Association member
International Mountain Bike Association member

Important Links